Resources & Links
- Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society for Paediatric Anaesthesia
- Society of Pediatric Anesthesia
- World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists
Societies and Colleges of Anaesthetists
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthesia
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists
- New Zealand Society of Anaesthetists
These pages are where you will find useful contacts, resources, protocols and guides to treatment.
- Children's Hospital at Westmead Sydney
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London: Dept of Anaesthesia
- Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto: Dept of Anaesthesia
- Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne: Dept of Anaesthesia and Pain Management
- Women's and Children's Hospital South Australia: Dept of Anaesthesia
Paediatric Anaesthesia Forum (PAF)
This is a free service that is administered by the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto. It is an online forum where you can ask questions and make comments. Many of the regular contributors are some of the most prominent and respected of the world's paediatric anaesthetists and because of this the opinions are well worth while. Please click here to view the forum.
Sources of Published Comment and Reviews
Italian Internet Journal of Pediatric and Neonatal Anesthesia
If you click here you will get to the home page of this Italian internet-based journal. The next step is to click on the items of the Navigation area on the left of the page. The main Journal articles are under the buttons 'Numeri Online' and 'Abstracts'. They are in English even though the site is in Italian.
Portex Anaesthesia, Intensive Therapy and Respiratory Medicine Unit
This is a unit which combines the Institute of Child Health and the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. Its aims are to; Minimise pain, discomfort and stress for children requiring surgery and intensive therapy and improve safety, outcome and patient satisfaction nationally and to promote lung health in children. Click Here to see current activities and past publications.
Syndromes and other problems
This Pediatric Database was designed by Dr. Alan Gandy (MD.,PhD.,FRCP(C)) while enrolled in the Pediatric Residency Programme at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario, Canada from 1990-1994. Presently he is a Consultant Pediatrician in Summerside, Prince Edward Island, Canada.