The Society for Paediatric Anaesthesia in New Zealand and Australia is an incorporated society comprising Specialist Anaesthetists who by reason of their practice and experience are particularly interested in anaesthetising and caring for children.
SPANZA has the following goals:
- Be an advocate for appropriate standards of care and education in paediatric anaesthesia; pain management and perioperative care for children.
- Promote communication between and fellowship of members of the Society.
- Promote the interests of anaesthetists who care for children.
- Maintain links with the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists, the Australian Society of Anaesthetists and the New Zealand Society of Anaesthetists through the Anaesthesia Continuing Education Coordinating Committee.
- Foster liaison with similar paediatric anaesthesia organisations in other parts of the world.